Plumbing often seems like a mystery. We’ve all had to deal with leaks, clogs, and other undesirable plumbing situations at one time or another. But with Precision Handyman‘s help, you won’t need to worry about that anymore. Our plumbers are trained in the latest technology and how to fix the most common problems.
We provide a wide range of commercial and residential plumbing services, including water heater repair, leak detection, and water main replacement. Our plumbing contractors are licensed, as well as insured, and bonded.
If you’re in need of plumbing repair, Precision Handyman is the company for you. We’re experts in the field and can handle any repair job quickly and efficiently. We know that plumbing problems can be a major headache, so we’ll work hard to get your repairs done quickly and correctly the first time. We’re here to help take the hassle out of plumbing repair, so give us a call today!
This is why you can count on us
- A plumbing contractor that is fully insured, licensed, and bonded
- A plumber who will be on time and ready to work the job when you need us most.
- A plumber who will provide you with a free estimate, as well as work with your budget.
- A plumbing contractor who will keep your home or business safe and secure by following all local codes.
- A plumber who will provide you with the highest level of service possible.
Plumbing first aid tips
- Shut off the main water valve – Turn off your home’s main water supply to stop any more water from entering your house or business.
- Check for remaining leakages – If possible, check other faucets and pipes for additional leaks that may have gone unnoticed.
- Locate the source of the leakage – Inspect all exposed piping and fixtures to try to locate where exactly the pipe has burst and how much damage has been done.
- Collect excess water – Use towels, buckets, mops or any containers available to collect as much of the excess water as possible.
Clogged sink or toilet
- Try a plunger – Plungers are an inexpensive solution that can sometimes dislodge tougher obstructions in sinks and toilets.
- Use an auger – If a plunger doesn’t do the trick, try using a hand-cranked auger to help break up any blockages in the pipe.
- Boiling water – In some cases, pouring boiling water down the drain may be enough to loosen build-ups and reduce clogs.
- Chemical cleaners – There are various chemical cleaners available on the market that can help clear tougher clogs in sinks and toilets.
- Check the flapper – The flapper is the rubber valve at the bottom of the toilet tank that controls water flow when you flush. Check to make sure it’s not stuck open or damaged, which can cause your toilet to run constantly and wastewater.
- Adjust the chain – If your toilet runs intermittently, check to make sure there’s no slack in the chain connecting the handle and flapper. This can also prevent a proper seal from forming and will cause your toilet to run unnecessarily.
- Replace parts – If one or more components inside of your tank are broken or malfunctioning, replacing them with new parts may be necessary before calling a plumber for help.
- Tighten screws – If the bolts that hold your toilet to the floor are loose, tighten them to restore a proper seal and stop the running.
If all else fails, contact a professional plumber to come and assess the damage and make any necessary repairs. If you are in doubt, do not attempt to repair the problems yourself.